Wednesday, June 4, 2008

THE BRUSH OFF

I was supposed to meet someone this evening, for the first time. Not a first date, per se, just a meet and greet and see if there is any chemistry to actually go on a first date. We had set a time and place.

When I got home from work this afternoon, there was an email from him that a woman he had met last week who hadn't seemed too interested then, was now wanting to get together with him tonight. So he brushed me off.

Which I thought was rude and inconsiderate on his part. I can understand wanting to get together with her and see where things go, but to brush me off a mere 2 1/2 hours before we are supposed to meet just doesn't sit well at all.

Where are people's manners? Why do they think it is okay to make plans and just toss them away with no regard to anyone else involved? This guy even asked me if I wanted him to contact me if things 'didn't work out' with that woman! Well, I don't think so, buddy! Not when you are that inconsiderate of my feelings, and just having the common courtesy to go through with your original plans. It's not like a family emergency or something understandable like that.

I think I will go read my book and see if there is anything decent on TV tonight. At least I know I won't get the brush off from those.... ((sigh))

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts floated through the ether...