Sunday, May 11, 2008

To My Mum




It's been just over five years since my mum passed away. Five years of missing her, not being able to talk to her, not hearing her laugh or feeling her hugs.

The other day, I was out walking my dog and saw dandelions blooming in the grass. Just a few, scattered here and there. For years, my siblings and I would gather handfuls of the bright yellow flowers to give to Mum, offerings of unconditional love. She adored them. She always said dandelions were her favourite flower, even when we were all adults and thought that probably wasn't really true. But what I think really WAS her favourite, was the fact that we always brought her flowers, for no reason at all, other than to see her smile and to get a hug and a kiss in return.



So today, on Mother's Day, even though my mum is not here physically, she is always with me in spirit and I am giving her huge handfuls of dandelions... just to see her smile and to get a hug and a kiss in return. I love you, Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts floated through the ether...